Thursday, February 26, 2009

022809 -- Upper Prehab

Shoulder has been feeling better. The last set of band dislocates popped something back into place on my rear delts that relieved much of the pressure on the front. This obviously caused by hours on end in front of the computer and not working out regularly.

Even better, my back has been excellent. Not going to forget about last years herniated disc. Going to concentrate on form and progressive overload. Poundages are down, but I am now laying the base for building it back. Again, just very thankful that I am able to do what I now can. Being able to go to the gym and load up a bar and lift hard is just a great feeling.

I am really jacked about what the hip mobility and other warmup work has done for me. Joe DeFranco's training philosophies have just flat improved my life.

Keeping it going ...

Prehab will be Saturday this week. This is due to the great Thursday Deadlift session. The week I do Pendlay Rows I ideally need to schedule Prehab on Saturday since I do Lying DB Rows as part of the workout.


WORKLOG


DB Floor Press / Shoulder Complex


Warmup: @ .5 lap 2:30 incline 1
______________________________
DB Floor Press RE:
95 lb x 5
95 lb x 5
95 lb x 4
95 lb x 4


DB Lying Rows RE:
95 lb x 5
95 lb x 5
95 lb x 5
95 lb x 5
______________________________
DB Flyes RE:
25 lb x 8
30 lb x 8


DB Lying Rear Delts RE:
25 lb x 8
30 lb x 8
______________________________
DB Lateral Raise RE:
30 lb x 8
35 lb x 5


DB Front Raise RE:
35 lb x 8
40 lb x 5
______________________________

DB Cubans RE:
15 lb x 10

DB Cowboys RE:
15 lb x 10, 10


EPILOGUE

Decided to bump the weight for DB Floor Presses and DB Lying Rows from 85 to 95. Only concern is keeping reps up.

Replacing Hammer Curls for a while with something called DB Cowboys while my Bicipital Tendonitis is treated. Learned them from a friend, Earl Funches who did them for shoulder health when he was lifting heavy. They are also good for elbows and wrists. I have done them in the past with good rehab results. They are almost a skipping rope motion except more forward with elbows held close. The circular motion is done first in one direction and then the other. So ten in and then ten out and so on.

I can see the volume and intensity of this routine being waved over time. This as an effort to ensure this workout does not get skipped. Weights are still down from "usual" but are slowly coming up. Since the purpose of this routine is primarily Prehab/Rehab, I need to not worry too much about poundages but consistency in performing the routine weekly. I do see the Floor Presses and Lying Rows as Repetition Effort however and therefore the poundages and rep ranges are more important with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment